If you’re traveling somewhere, such as NC, for example, and you want to stay in a cabin rather than a hotel, there are some things you need to be careful of.Typically, you know what you’re going to get with a hotel. Most hotels these days are chains, their names are on the tops of the building, they have to conform to certain standards. But they’re also like cracker boxes – you can hear the TV in the room next to yours, the beds are typically uncomfortable, and the baths are rigged so its pretty darn uncomfortable to try to lie and soak in one and read a book!.why renting a cabin is nice… but to make sure your experience is not ruined, you have to be very careful. Here are tips on best places to rent a cabin in NC.
Before You Get There
1. Practically everybody who has a cabin to rent, whether it is a single person with one cabin, or a company with anywhere from five to a hundred cabins on offer, will have a website that gives particulars on each cabin.
Decide what you want in your cabin – how many rooms, what kind of amenities (is a microwave good enough, or do you want a stove as well), the location relative to other people or to nearby activities (ski slopes, pools, etc.) and so on, and then do your research to find it.
2. Once you’ve found a few places you’re interested in, scope out the business entity through the Better Business Bureau to make sure there are no complaints against them. Surf various message boards also, to see if anyone has complained or commented on their stay at a particular location.
Once You Get There
1. Either online, or when you arrive, you will be asked to sign a rental agreement. Make sure you read it completely, and understand everything about it. (If its in legalese, make sure the cabin owner/representative translates it for you.) Then, with that representative still there, go through the cabin and make sure everything is safe – no overloaded plugs, no cracked cement steps as you enter the cabin, a boat that doesn’t leak, and so on.
If you do have an accident due to faulty maintenance, and are injured, it’s always possible to sue for compensation – but no amount of money can compensate your family if you die, or you if you are disabled on account of the accident. So just be safe rather than sorry, and investigate the cabin. Even if it’s a luxury cabin – check it out just to make sure all is as it should be.
2. Treat the best places to rent a cabin in nc better than you treat your own house. Many people are house proud and keep their house neat as a pin and spic and span, others are rather careless in those matters. If you’re renting a cabin that belongs to someone else, and which they’ll need to rent once you’ve gone, show a bit of consideration.
3. If problems with the cabin arise once you’re there – the toilet doesn’t shut off or something of that nature, inform the cabin representative so they can get it fixed for the next person!